Dropout Prevention Tools
In print and on CD-ROM, this book presents resources and worksheets used at schools and communities across the country. These tools and techniques demonstrate how to apply the Fifteen Strategies identified through research conducted by The National Dropout Prevention Center at Clemson University.
This book presents over 70 tools which have been field-tested and are research-based. They were compiled in a nationwide search conducted by me personally. Examples include:
- How to Create an Exemplary After-School Program
- How to Prevent School Bullying
- How to Align Alternative Education Programs with Standards
- How to Link Multiple Intelligences with Careers
- How to Develop a Business Partnership Agreement
Take advantage of what others have learned. Permission has been granted for you to photocopy any page so you can use these tools in your own school and community.
These tools are also available in both Microsoft Word ® and Adobe Acrobat Reader ® on a CD-ROM. We invite you to:
- modify and customize the tools to fit your specific context
- fill in the forms and worksheets electronically
With its companion Strategies to Help Solve Our School Dropout Problem these two books provide both the “what-to-do“ and the “how-to-do-it“.
Paperback: 199 pages
Publisher: Eye on Education,; Pap/Cdr edition (March 2003)